My brother took this picture on his phone of Danny sitting on my dad's Harley. Danny wanted to go out to the garage all the time to see it. My dad taught him that a motorcycle says "potato-potato-potato-VROOM", which was a huge hit with Danny.In other news, I finally have set a thesis defense date (the date that I will earn a PhD!!)--January 19, 2011. Everyone's invited! My committee decided that since I have published two manuscripts, and have a third on its way out the door, that I have done sufficient work over the course of the past 5.5 years to graduate. What a relief! I am now busy, busy, busy with writing my thesis.
This last thought is random, but if you need a few laughs or a little stress relief you should watch the Babies documentary. I saw it for the first time last night and am already wanting to watch it again.
YAY for the defense date!!! We can't wait to celebrate!!!! And, I have Babies on our netflix cue..you may have to come over and watch it with me :)
ReplyDeleteI repeat yay for the defense date! Good for you, Kacie! You work so hard!
ReplyDeleteI watched Babies with one of my best friends in the theatre and we were blown away. When the woman from Namibia was tandem feeding, I looked at Karen and said "Okay, maybe my day wasn't sooo bad..." I thought it was a beautiful film. I still think of it.