Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Odds and ends

Nate received a very important piece of mail this week--his diploma! He is now officially Master Nathan Meyer. :) He's worked very hard and I'm proud of him and everything that he has accomplished.


Nate & Danny built this snow fort on Saturday...and now a few days later, all of the snow has melted away. It's been such a weird winter.
25 weeks

26 weeks

27 weeks

We have officially made it to the third trimester. Only 13 weeks left until our due date and this little baby makes his way into our lives. Starting with my next appointment, this pregnancy will be monitored more closely because of the issues I had with my blood pressure when I was pregnant with Danny. Increasing blood pressure can indicate the development of a condition called preeclampsia. I thankfully never developed the condition during Danny's pregnancy, but my blood pressure is now something that will have to be closely watched. Each time I visit the doctor, the baby's heartbeat and my blood pressure will be continuously monitored over a 15-20 minute time period while I sit in a chair and relax to make sure that everything is looking good. I have a really great doctor who is on top of things without sending me into panic/stress mode and I'm really thankful for that!

More on the baby...he moves soooo much! And I can feel him kicking all over the place. Sometimes I wonder if my back is moving when he kicks because every now and then I get a really strong jab back there. He's also been getting the hiccups for a couple of weeks now, so he must be practicing his breathing skills in there. He's definitely most active at night, right as I'm laying down to go to bed (go figure). If he moves during the middle of the night, I am able to sleep through it, so yay for that!

2 comments: