Sunday, October 21, 2012

Danny's dresser

We've had a lot of projects going on at our house since we moved.  I've been continually updating on the progress we're making on our shed, but I've also been refinishing furniture.
 
Project #1: Dresser for Danny's room.  We bought an old dresser off a Craigslist.  It is made of solid wood and all of the drawers have dovetail joints, so it is quality built, but U-G-L-Y!  I didn't get any good "before" pictures, but you can get an idea of what the finish looked like from these pictures of the stripping.  The dresser originally had a blonde finish, which someone tried to stain over, and really outdated hardware.



My parents got this baby all stripped and sanded down.

And this is what it looks like now--painted navy blue with updated hardware.   

 
This was my inspiration--available at PBK for $799

No comments:

Post a Comment